Is your website secure? If you do not know the answer to this question, it probably isn’t. Knowing your site is secure from hackers and thieves, for both you and your customers is imperative. There are a few things you need to know if you want to make sure your site is secure.
Why do you need HTTPS and SSL?
- HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocal Secure) is a protocol for securing communication over the internet by encrypting communications between the client and server. This ensures no one can tamper, forge or eavesdrop on your data.
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypts communications over a network. When an SSL certificate is purchased and an encryption key is placed on the server, you can rest assured your site is secure.
Why It Matters?
- The old version, HTTP, is not secure. This does not matter for mundane information, but if you have customers entering personal information such as passwords, Social Security Numbers or credit card information, it matters a lot.
- Google Cares. As of January 2017, sites without HTTPS are marked by Google as unsecure. Google will also give additional ranking to sites with HTTPS. In today’s competitive market, this matters as well.
How Can We Help?
- Provides you with a dedicated server
- Backs up your site daily
- Installs malware protection
- Converts your site from HTTP to HTTPS and takes care of your SSL Certificate.
- Takes a hands-on approach to protecting your site and your customers
Site security is not something most businesses spend much time on. You are focused on exposure, driving sales and getting to the customer. Webjed can help you with all of those goals while also ensuring your site security. Give us a call for more information.
SSL Quick Audit
Fill out the form below to get a quick estimate on installing an SSL Certificate on your website.